How do I download and run Zinstall?
In order to start your Zinstall transfer, you need to download and run your Zinstall product on your computers. If you are transferring from one computer to another, you should do this on BOTH of your computers.
Zinstall is just another file, and is downloaded in the same way you download any other file from the internet. This guide will help you do that.
This is just a guide on how to download a file from the internet. For detailed, step by step, instructions on how to use Zinstall once you have downloaded it, check out the user guide here.
How to download your Zinstall product
- Go to the Download page. You can get there by clicking the “Download Your Purchase” link at the very top of our website, or by going here: www.zinstall.com/download
- Enter your email address and click Submit
- On the next page, click on the Download link to start the download.
- When prompted, choose to Save the file. On Windows 10, downloads usually appear at the bottom of the screen, like this example:
- Once the file is downloaded, you need to run it. If you see a “Run” button like in the example below, click it:
If your Internet browser did not offer to run the file, you can just run it directly from your Downloads folder on the computer.
How to find the Downloads folder on your computer
- When you download a file from the internet, it goes to your Downloads folder on the computer.
- To find it, you should first open your files.
- If you are on Windows 10, right-click (with your right mouse button) on the Start button (bottom-left corner of your computer screen), and then click on File Explorer.
- If you are on Windows 7 or Windows 8, click your Start button (bottom-left corner of your computer screen), and then click on Documents.
- You will see a shortcut that says “Downloads” in the top left corner – click on it.
- You will be taken to the Downloads folder. Look for the downloaded Zinstall file there – its name will start with the word Zinstall.
Now that you have found your downloaded Zinstall product, double-click on it to run it.
Remember – if you are transferring from one computer to another, you need to do the above on BOTH computers.